Go lighter. Go further. Go hard.
The ZED defines the next evolution of high-performance touring bindings. Go lighter. Go further. Go hard.
Starting with the proven platform of the ION, we looked at every part, every mechanism, and every screw to evolve the idea of a fully featured binding at the lightest weight possible. With the ZED we set out to define the next generation of lightweight high-performance touring bindings.
As backcountry skiers, we focus on simplicity and efficiency to go further and do more in the mountains. With that same mindset we loaded the ZED with a full yet simplistic feature set that saves valuable weight and reliably has your back when you’re deep in the mountains.
A binding can be light and simple for the hike up, but none of that matters if you can’t ski it the way you want. The ZED truly stands confident in a league of its own with all the power and performance of a much heavier modern touring binding, but packs it into a super light and simple package.
- Single screw for full adjustment of vertical & lateral release
- Simple, minimal Boot Stop for effective step-in guidance
- Streamlined shapes maintain full performance at minimal weight
- QuickFlick heel lifts are easy to manipulate with your ski pole
- Heel turret can be turned in either direction for touring
- Single tool simplicity with all binding mounts & adjustments (Pozi #3)
- 30 mm length adjustment on the heel to fine tune for each setup
- Toe jaw strength clears excess snow every time they close
- Anti-snowpacking features built into the toe and brake designs keep snow away and make for a confidence-inspiring step-in
- Optimal toe elasticity for maximum energy absorption & minimized prerelease
- 8.5 mm range of forward pressure in the heel to maintain consistent release
- Wide freeride mount transfers power to the ski & provides pull-out resistance
- The wide center support of the turret and a metal wrap-around base transfer power and precision to the ski
- Optional add-on brake is easy to install/uninstall
- Compatible with the ION Crampon for icy ascents